Sweetwater Community Garden
Thank you for your interest in the Sweetwater Community Garden!
Next, please fill out and submit this application. We will contact you within a week to discuss the plot rental details and let you know the next steps to joining the garden.
Two plot sizes are offered: 20'x20' (full plot) or 10'x20' (half plot), and two ADA accessible plots are available. Each plot contains a water spigot and a fence. The annual rental amount is $300 for a full plot and $150 for a half plot, which includes water. A $100 cleaning deposit will also be charged with your first year's rent. Should you decide at any point to give up your plot, the deposit will be returned if the plot is left in good condition. You may not sublet your plot to someone else.
Questions? Contact Community Garden Coordinator - Daniela Mejia, email@example.com
Please follow this link to make your plot payment. It will take you to our Donation PayPal link, which is the correct place to make your payment. If you have additional questions or any issues with your payment, please reach out to Rachel Lloyd in Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden plots are available at the Sweetwater Community Garden in Bonita! The garden is located in the Sweetwater Regional Park at the Pinery site on the corner of Bonita Road and Sweetwater Road (5354 Sweetwater Road). The RCD manages the garden through an agreement with the County of San Diego Department of Parks and Recreation. The community garden contains:
- 200 garden plots, measuring 20’x20′ (full plot) or 10’x20′ (half plot)
- 2 ADA accessible plots with pre-installed raised beds
- Model gardens
- Fencing and a hose bib for each plot
Garden plots are available to residents and community groups from Bonita and surrounding communities, please below to check if you are in the catchment area before applying or give us a call to discuss.Zip Codes
Joining a community garden has many benefits! It helps save money on fruits and vegetables at the store, and it provides an opportunity to enjoy fresh air and exercise in a beautiful, friendly, and safe setting. The garden is family-friendly and a great place to teach kids about nature and growing food.
1. The annual rent and water fee for a full plot is $300 and $150 for a half plot. If you would like to pay for your plot online please click here. The lease year runs July – June: a pro-rated amount will be applied depending on when you join. New garden members will also be charged a $100 cleaning fee with their first year’s rent. This will be used to cover the costs of cleaning your plot if it is not left in an acceptable condition should your lease be terminated. Payment in installments in available – please let us know if you are interested in this option.
2. Plots must be actively maintained all year round. Active maintenance of a garden plot requires weekly visits.
3. The Resource Conservation District (RCD) is the only entity that can authorize a Use Agreement for a garden plot and make plot assignments. You may not sublet your plot to another gardener.
Please contact our office with any questions at 619-562-0096.